How do I use the self issue machine at UCR to borrow books?
Answered By: Cathy Stead Last Updated: Oct 07, 2021 Views: 1
UCR Library now has a self service machine which lets you check your books out, return them and renew them.
To use the machine you must have your student card.
How to borrow items
- Scan your card by holding it with the barcode facing up
- Press the “Borrow” button on the screen
- Place the item(s) on top of the black shelf
- Wait until the title(s) appear on the screen - it will also tell you when the item is due back - Please note some items are only 7 day loans
- Press Finish:
- “Print Receipt” to receive a printed receipt of your loans
- Or choose to have no receipt.
The screen will then display how many items you have successfully borrowed
You are all done and ready to go!