How do I borrow a library book?
Answered By: [Unclaimed] Last Updated: May 07, 2021 Views: 125
You can currently borrow resources from the Library using the Click and Collect service. This has been implemented to allow students and staff to safely access Library resources.
Please remember that the library's digital resources, eBooks and eJournals are also available.
To access the Click and Collect service
- Go to our library catalogue – Library Search Online. Locate the items you need and check whether they are available. Make a note of the details.
- Go to our new Library Service website and click on ‘Click and Collect Borrowing Service’. You can also access the library page from the bottom of each of the college websites or from the student portal.
- Select the Library you wish to borrow the items from (e.g. ‘Clifton Library Lending’).
- Click the ‘Click and Collect’ button.
- Select the day you wish to collect the item. Please note that you will need to place orders at least 48 hours in advance.
- Select what time you wish to collect the item (e.g. 10:20am-10:30am). You can choose a 10-minute time slot.
- Click ‘Submit Times’.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter your details and the books you wish to collect. Click ‘Submit my Booking’ when done. We advise that you fill in as many as the fields as possible to make sure that we prepare the right item for your collection.
If the item is not in stock or unavailable, you will be notified beforehand. We cannot always guarantee that everything will be available immediately, but we will do our best to contact you and discuss an alternative if this is the case.
If you cannot make your appointment, please call the library to rearrange for a more convenient time.
The following video will demonstrate how to follow all the steps listed above. Click and Collect tutorial
If you need any further support, you can contact us by phone, email, LibAnswers or via our Hangouts.